For nearly fifty years Showbest Fixture Corp has been regarded as a trusted fixture vendor by its customers.
From humble beginnings in 1969, a change in ownership in 1994 with a new Chief Executive Officer/President at the helm; Jim Schubert – a new path was set!
Believing that the company’s business was customer service first with fixtures being its product, the past 24 years under his leadership has taken Showbest from 36,000 sq. ft. of manufacturing capability and 32 employees, to where it is today. Two manufacturing plants in Virginia with a combined 240,000 sq. ft. of manufacturing employing 142 skilled employees.
As we approach our fiftieth anniversary, Showbest Fixture Corp is pleased to announce some exciting changes.
Effective 1/1/2019 Jim Schubert will continue to perform the Chief Executive Officer responsibilities, making major corporate decisions and managing the overall operations and resources of the company, passing the daily operating responsibilities and Presidency to Scott Schubert.
Scott Schubert, currently the Vice President of Manufacturing, will be assuming the role of President and Chief Operating Officer, responsible for all day to day operating decisions and management of the company. An alumni of Virginia Tech, and having worked for Showbest from the shop floor in his teenage years, returning after graduation to Showbest in engineering and manufacturing, Scott’s skill set and experience are second to none in our industry.
Scott’s responsibilities will include:
- Designing and implementing business strategies, plans and procedures.
- Setting goals for performance and growth of the company and individuals of the company.
- Establishing policies that promote company culture and vision.
- Oversee daily operations of the company and work of the executives, engineers and management team.
J.W. Gee, currently the Plant Manager at the Richmond Plant, is being promoted to the role of Vice President of Manufacturing. As a seasoned Showbest employee, JW has the across-the-board manufacturing experience and knowledge to oversee all manufacturing management and decisions for the company. As the VP of Manufacturing, J.W. will also play a major role in:
- The evolution, oversight and implementation of company policies.
- Assist in developing company strategy and goals directly related to company growth.
- Provide direction in overseeing the continued efficiency of the manufacturing process.
- Assist in decisions ensuring that the company has the necessary technology to meet and exceed standard deliverables.
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication by example, and evaluate performance of those individuals.